There are four large islands making up the Mentawai archipelago including Siberut, Sipura, North and South Pagai. These four islands are surrounded by many smaller ones.
Their countless coral reefs attract dynamic swells from deep in the Indian Ocean to create picture perfect waves of all shapes and sizes. The variety and quality of surf is mind boggling!!
- There are bommies, barrels, grinding lefts, pumping rights, mal waves and intermediate waves, which allow us to cater for all standards of surfing ability.
- We cannot, and nor do we want to, list each and every spot. Lets just say there are still waves being discovered and surfed in the island chain that have never been surfed before.
- Forget the restrictions of the land, aboard the Nusa Dewata we will find the surf of your dreams whilst trying our upmost to keep you distanced from any crowds.
- We are also happy to travel to the Tellos Islands if desired.
- The gallery below will give you an indication of what to expect. Please click on photos to enlarge.